Leadership for Syria - Rebuild Palmyra - why?Introduction: Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Seibel
Lecture: Prof. Dr. Stefan Hauser
Educating the future leaders of Syria: The “Leadership for Syria” programme coordinated by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers Syrian students and doctoral researchers a chance to continue their education at a German university in order to prepare for the future task of rebuilding Syria. The University of Konstanz hosts the socio-political accompanying programme, which is led by Professor Wolfgang Seibel and organised by the Academy for Advanced Studies at the University of Konstanz (AWW). The programme enters its final phase in the last week of July 2017: during the first two stages, the main focus was laid on promoting a democratic understanding of society and on discussing sustainable economic policies. The third and final part of the programme, which takes place from 28 until 30 July 2017, deals with the personal challenges that the approximately 200 Syrian participants are likely to face.
- Third and final phase of the socio-political accompanying programme hosted by the University of Konstanz in connection with “Leadership for Syria”, taking place from 28-30 July 2017.
- The “Leadership for Syria” programme is funded to the tune of 10.2 million euros by the Federal Foreign Office, an additional 1.5 million euros is provided by the federal state of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- “Leadership for Syria” is coordinated by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
- The socio-political accompanying programme is organised by the University of Konstanz and led by Professor Wolfgang Seibel, professor of politics and public administration.
- The approximately 200 Syrian scholarship recipients taking part in the programme were recruited from 49 different universities.
- The first two phases of the accompanying programme took place at the University of Konstanz in November 2016 and in March 2017.
Login erforderlichDer Zugriff auf die Aufzeichnungen ist erst nach Anmeldung möglich.
Für den Login verwenden Sie bitte Ihren Uni-Mail-Acccount.
Das Login-Element befindet sich oben rechts auf dieser Seite.